Saturday, March 31, 2012

One Remote to Rule them All

One toy almost every adult wants, or at least most men, is a remote to control everything in the living room.

I've recently been looking for one that can control the Xbox in addition to my other living room gadgets, and I found out that theres a lot to chose from.

Could have went for the official remote from Microsoft.
I almost ordered the new black one, knowing it won't be able to control the surround system.
Then I decided to look around for one that could!

Logitech Harmony Xbox 360 Remote
This programmable remote with a display and some really cool features is the top of the line, and I was tempted to pay $200 for a refurbished one.
This remote simply has too many features, even for a geek like me, though it would be nice to have a button to turn everything on and off with one click. I decided to search a bit further, to find something that has just what I need and nothing more.
and that's when I found the SMK-Link X-Link
It can control the Xbox, TV and Audio System and more, for only $25 bucks. This is the one I ended up with, and I'm really happy with it. It even has some other cool features I didn't know I needed like punch-through functions, setting sound master; and learning from another remote which I found useful as I needed some more buttons from the original Surround System Remote.

It found my TV right away and the setup was a breeze, even copying from the other remote was fairly easy. Well, I'll need to keep that user manual around.

No comments:

Post a Comment